czwartek, 4 listopada 2021

Shy, Low - Snake Behind the Sun (2021)


I remember Shy, Low from my one and only, as for now, visit to the iconic Dunk!Festival, but I felt like they got lost between the bigger names there. Now, with the release of their forth album Snake Behind the Sun, they seem to get to the highest levels of the world's post-rock scene.

They are advertised as super-fluent in the "exquisite craft of stark contrasts and broad dynamics, from delicate crescendos to the grandiose power of the riff" and I can't disagree here. The range of the intensity levels on the album is pretty impressive and so are the melodies and riffs sown into the compositions. Everything feels very guitar-oriented and there's little room for the atmospheric massiveness, but the energy of the guitars easily compensates for that. There's so much of this pure energy here and it is so eager to flow onto the audience, I feel like I'm on a live gig and ready to dance. I love Helioentropy with its impressive finish and The Beacon with the disrupted flow at one point. But there's much more tasty moments hidden throughout the release, next to every second offers something truly unique.

There's so much going on on this recording! Earlier this year, one of their tracks got remixed by Holy Fawn and I thought it was the best music from the Virginia-based band ever, but with the new album I am ready to say that there's a lot of potential in their music. I can't wait for new material and I will go back to the previous albums to assess my assessments with pleasure.

Snake Behind the Sun costs whatever you want to pay.

Check: Helioentropy
Country: Virginia, US
Genre: guitar post-rock
Label: Pelagic Records



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz