środa, 4 stycznia 2017

Local Blood - A Lure Of Sights (2016) EN


Post-punk temper, coldwave backgrounds and the bass line put in the foreground with poignant post-rock moments. Local Blood is a Lithuanian quartet based in Vilnius, that listened to The Horrors a lot and decided to record something between "Strange House" and "Skying.

Everything begins with the story of a night when a forest grew - a composition of cold synthesizer and hot guitars. After which it's only getting better as Šarūnas Vyštartas' vocal adds to the mixture (I wouldn't be very surprised if his name was Badwanas - if I exaggerate with the comparisons it's only because I have only respect for The Horrors). The whole thing sounds both disturbing and so catchy, no wonder, the lyrics deal with hardly pleasant experiences. "I kneel alone / My thoughts and me / Beneath the mask / That others see" ("Crawling Borders") or "I dig in my past / I lose the present / A commotion is a new friend of mine" ("Past Perfect Continous").

The strongest impression is left by last track whose repeated lyrics make it a sort of anthem for... For what exactly? Is it about a toxic relationship in which one side feels good being controlled? Or perhaps there's something more? After some more listening, which I'm planning anyway, I may find it out.

"A Lure Of Sights" was recorded in Eleventy-One, it costs 4 EUR.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz