poniedziałek, 24 lipca 2017

Drifting Anchors - Decadence (2017) EN


Angry and raging like three hundred knives project by Norwegian artist Stig Erklev. It's around for two years now but I encountered it just now. And I'm in awe. It's difficult to find a kind of music that fits better some particular states of mind.

I've been listening to "Mediocre at Best" for some weeks now because besides this great energy the Norwegian releases, his compositions have also this difficult to describe melodic and, what is even more important to me, nostalgic nature. For me, Erklev's anger is more this kind of anger that is expressed through tears, the one that is a result of depression, sadness as the last stand of sanity. But maybe it's just me.

The album is well balanced. Apart for "Mediocre..." the other tracks that deserve our attention are an ultra fast "Hook and Sinker", "Sunshine" and surprisingly delicate interlude in "Swallow".

"Decadence" is available for pay what you want.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz