czwartek, 10 stycznia 2019

Ghostly Kisses - The City Holds My Heart EP (2018) EN


The project by the Canadian Margaux Sauvé is made of airy music sounding like William Faulkner's poetry would (if it was music) and hence the project's name.

I really like Sauvé's poetry, it is about love, but it's a very different take than the usual ones. It's brilliant, especially in the title song The City Holds My Heart with the lyrics going "The city holds my heart/ Within walls of glass and steel/ Can’t you see I just can’t go?/ These walls are all I know". This airy and a bit dark vocal is accordingly fitted with ethereal compositions of piano, strings and electronic elements. But the most important is the way the artist manages to create an unbelievable atmosphere in.

And the whole play list is closed by the most atmospheric take on the classic Zombie I've ever heard.

The City Holds My Heart costs 7 USD.

Check: The City Holds My Heart 
Country: Canada
Genre: ghostly pop


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz