czwartek, 7 kwietnia 2022

Letting Up Despite Great Faults - IV (2022)


I remember Letting Up Despite Great Faults from my younger years, going head to head with The Pains of Being Pure at Heart as one of my first connections to dreamy/noisy genres. After their third album, the Americans disappeared for 7 years but now they are back with the new album entitled, obviously, IV

Their ethereal music has some of this innocent lo-fi/twee pop vibes with dance-inviting tunes and light-weight arrangements. It's all about fun and ease of listening, especially that the music has some tropical vibes to me too. It's definitely sunny and mellow. This is only strengthened by the shy, delicate vocals by Mike Lee. The album is not long and it feels even shorter as the pop flow is strong here and ready to trap you within this dreamy torrent.

And as one could anticipate, the lyrics are mostly about love and the process of falling in love as well. The theme, however, is handled pretty tastefully with focus put on more interesting and deeper aspects like getting to understand the other person ("Did you put up a concrete wall cause you finally found someone/ I try to run across but the meaning is lost /I want to be so close to you and catch you standing there" in Gorgeous) or providing support and acceptation ("I love that you're always the one around to say it's okay/ I hope you know even my friends feel the same about you" in Gemini). Classy stuff.

IV costs 7 USD.

Check: Softly, Bravely
Country: Texas, US
Genre: dreamy indie pop
Label: New Words



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz