And they want it very early on. My favourite track in here is actually the opening one: Titan of the Deep. Massive walls of sound waltz into the picture like the title's titans, giving away the feeling of grandeur and importance. It's not the darkest music though, the subtle but unmistakable keyboard balances the weight when needed, adding to the beauty of the release. And this balance is maintained throughout the album with some tracks getting closer to the melancholic side of things while others impressing with the sheer loudness of the guitars.
The artists point out that the music on the album should be paired with experiencing nature, listening to this kind of post-rock in some kind of monumental environment (like... mountains I guess) should indeed be spectacular. Indeed, the monumentality of the music is perhaps the most important aspect of the new release. I still have the guitar blizzard of Secret Histories playing sweetly in my ears (and that makes me forgive them the jazzy passages in Memories of a Past Life;)).
You Be Good, I Love You costs 11 EUR (9 GBP).
Check: Titan of the Deep
Country: UK
Genre: guitar post-rock

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz