środa, 22 lipca 2026

Sara Parkman - Aster, atlas (2026)


I know her from 2022 Funeral Folk album where she created, well, some funeral-feeling folk with her compatriot Maria W Horn. But I have never heard her solo works and this has, fortunately, changed with the release of this beautiful record. Artful pop inspired as much by folk as by the trademark Scandinavian sensibility.

The 6th album in the Swedish artist's discography is a treat for artistic folk lovers. The inspirations are pretty clear: the energetic but also mysterious vocals, the violins like from Midsommar, the choir singing as if it was recorded in a small church somewhere in the Saami country. This is Scandinavian folk. But there is so much more on Aster, atlas. In Paradiset we have some real dark notes, finally conquered by the hopeful ending. There is some spoken word, very lyric-heavy vocals thrown around through the album's landscape. And finally, my favourite (of course) song, Salikons rosor, that starts slow but successively gets more nervous and louder, up to the crescendoing, orchestral finish that resonates in your ears for a long time. Yeah, well, I'm a post-rock fan.

But I like the slower parts of the album equally much. Those melancholic, but soothing seconds of an intensive one-on-one with Parkman's voice are there to enchant the sadder parts of your souls. Also: the fact that everything is in Swedish, I language I don't speak but I recognize a lot of words, but there are also parts in Latin, is always a great sign too.

Aster, atlas costs 8 EUR (90 SEK).

Check: Salikons rosor
Country: Sweden
Genre: art folk pop
Label: Supertraditional Records



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz