czwartek, 13 sierpnia 2026

Arches - 4 (2026)


So it seems that this blog can hardly exist without some fantastic discovery from Hong Kong these days. After David Boring and Lucid Express, it's time for the debut album (of course titled 4, duh!) album from the young people of Arches. Dream pop, shoegaze and some very East Asian vibes make some great work here.

The band plays with the whispering vocals and noisy guitars balance so well, I can't believe this is only their first LP. And by writing whispering, I really mean it. It's not a slightly dreamy pop vocal, it's very dream pop-like... yeah, whispering. I love it. And somehow the vocals don't get overwhelmed by the energetic guitars (even if they are not particularly wall-of-sound-esque, they can be pretty loud). But coming back to the silence/noise juxtaposition, I love when a band stops the guitar machine suddenly so the silence sounds more poignantly and, in a very Nothing-esque way, Arches do that a lot, Drowning or Hate are great examples on 4.

costs 9 USD.

Check: Drowning
Country: Hong Kong
Genre: dreamy shoegaze



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz