wtorek, 27 czerwca 2017

Seyda Neen - Odwilż (2017) EN


Seyda Neen, actually Artur Kujawa with guests, is an answer to my never asked question - how to combine a romantic lyricist with post-rock/noise dirt. I wish I asked it before by myself but now I can only treat myself by listening to the album.

It's enough to read through the album's description and then to go deeper into the lyrics to be sure how much introvert this music is. The artist creates music in order to "melt down the ice barriers disturbing the correct perception of the reality". What is this correct perception like? Certainly not the one we anticipate.

Seyda Neen combines very dirty guitar sounds with very poetic lyrics that sound like Polish bands such as the early Myslovitz or Hariasen ("Zanurzyć się"), and this is where the very much underlined by Kujawa "inconsistency" comes from. But despite what he says, I see the album a s a whole. And I do love the tracks such as "Piosenka dla mojego psa" (A song for my dog), transforming into screamo "Chrzęsty" (Crunches) or filled with melancholia "Chłodne lato z Aleksandrą" (A chilly summer with Aleksandra).

"Odwilż" (Thaw) costs 5 EUR (20 PLN).




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz