środa, 25 sierpnia 2021

Feral Atom - I Dream in Blue (2021)


I was watching Ola Beręsewicz's beginnings as Feral Atom since the first single Love. I, nomen est omen, loved it so much that every new track seemed to me slightly worse, it's a bit paradoxical. But now, as her EP debut I Dream in Blue is finally available, I can see that whatever she does is simply brilliant and together, the songs create a well-leveled and coherent whole.

You can hardly say this album is not focused on the atmosphere. The way she uses the slightly higher-pitched and airier backing vocals adds to the album's surreal ambiance while her beautiful and very dark voice sets the whole in the eery and fairy-tale-like place that inspires both awe and fright at the same time. The same is true about the ever-so-slow pace and some guitar solo accents all over the album. I'll still argue that Love is the highlight of the release. It is the most atmospheric and the darkest track here and I will not deny that when I heard it for the first time, I baptized the artist "the Polish Chelsea Wolfe". Now I can see that Beręsewicz goes in her own direction but some similarities are still there and it makes for the best compliment in my eyes. She sings about love mostly, but this darker, well-thought-through take on the topic makes it so much profound - also in Czas ("Time"), the only song with Polish lyrics here - one about love and nature and the feeling of longing for both of them.

Feral Atom debuted on stage during the recently held Soundrive Festival and everyone who was there saw that she showed no trace of a debut stress while her music sounded as mysterious and climactic on the festival's Secret Spot stage as it does on this EP.

I Dream in Blue costs 2.5 EUR (10 PLN).

Check: Love
Country: Poland
Genre: dark dream pop



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz