piątek, 9 października 2026

seventh cloud - tulsa, ok (2026)


The "rock n roll from ft wayne" is the least rock'n;rolly rock'n'roll I know. But that's why I like it. The Indiana-based band released their third EP (no LP yet!) and it's a small collection of moody lo-fi tunes that balance somewhere between noise pop and ambient pop, like drone music for ethereal music lovers.

I discovered seventh cloud after they released a fantastic split album with Velvet, but this is my first time with them tête-à-tête. What strikes you the most at first is how much vocals and lyrics-oriented this music is. In some places it sounds like sung poetry with noisy backgrounds. It makes the whole thing very lyrical with these artsy vibes that the band tries to water down with the garage-sounding lo-fi guitar noise and I dig it so much. Especially steady that, I have to say, reminds me of one of the best Polish dreamy songs from Rosa Vertov's repertoire. 

And this lyrical and dreamy state lasts until fixer where the emotional screams broaden the already pretty vast genre horizon for this release. I like the garage-like atmosphere that fills it to the brim, especially when balanced by the dreamy parts.

tulsa, ok costs 9 USD.

Check: steady
Country: Indiana, US
Genre: garage dream pop
Label: kevin records



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz