środa, 2 sierpnia 2017

See You At Home - Be Happy (2017) EN


"Sad songs and stuff" as the Londoners from See You At Home advertise themselves. They are sad, perfectly lo-fi and very much engaging. There is everything that makes your head come back to this tenacious habit of shedding tears: longing for summer, feeling of alienation, existential crisis. And the whole thing is on an album with a very criss-cross title.

Musically speaking it's as it should be - the most important thing is the vocal and touching lyrics, music adds to the atmosphere but doesn't draw our attention. And touching it sure is. "I make myself feel like I'm not quite where I want to be" in "Summer is a Long Way Off", "And I exist, but only barely" in "Mid-Party Depression" or "Don't jump, not when you saved me from falling." in "Prescription". 

The whole thing leaves a lot of not unpleasant sadness on your soul. A lot like does the music by Ryan Potts of Paragraphs who appears on this blog regularly.

You can get "Be Happy" for pay what you want.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz