środa, 25 marca 2020

Lonker Sea - Hamza (2020) EN


Lonker Sea are already an appreciated brand in Poland and around the world. Their jazzy noise is in many ways unique and borders with various music genres including post-rock and dream pop. It's how it is on this year's heavily written about already album Hamza. But also on this blog, one of the best Polish albums of the year must be present.

Perhaps the biggest surprise here is how big a role is played by Joanna Kucharska's vocals now. It's her, who starts the whole thing in Infinite Garden and makes it with such a class, resulting in something dreamy and dark jazzy. Stil, the tracks I like most are those combining obviously jazzy arrangements with post-rock and noise elements. Those instrumental pieces like Gdynia80 or Open & Close.

But, as I always say, I have absolutely no clue about jazz, so I won't go further into this. I like the Poles' music and this is what counts to me.

Hamza costs 8 EUR.

Check: Open & Close
Country: Poland
Genre: noisy jazz
Label: Antena Krzyku



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz