czwartek, 23 lutego 2017

Kairon; IRSE! - Ruination (2017) EN


I have to say that I'm a big fan of "Ujabasajuba", the previous album by the Finnish psychodelic Kairon; IRSE!, and their "Amsterdam" is one of my favourite favourite tracks (it's even one of my favourite tracks called "Amsterdam", together with the Polish Negatyw's famous song). The band with the crazy name is back with new material marked with a bifurcate tree and, as always in similar cases, I have mixed feelings - from pleasant disappointment (because it proves that the last album was THAT good) to a high dose of hope (because this one can still easily start to amaze me eventually).

The characteristic traits of K;I! are long, mad compositions and the vocalist (Dmitry Melet)'s pleasant falset. They are noticeable from the very beginning with first two tracks being almost half an hour long and attacking with crazy sounds that somehow, when put together, create a perfect whole. And Melet, although perhaps doesn't sound like in my favourite "Amsterdam", still shows his skills, especially in "Starik". And, songs in Russian are another special thing for the band from Finland (where the Russian minority is quite notable).

"Ruination" takes its time to show everything it has. But eventually it impresses you with its guitar madness and rapid pace changing. And then you can go back to "Ujubasajuby" for a while too. It's a shame the band doesn't leave their country to play gigs.

The album costs 7 EUR.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz