piątek, 11 lutego 2022

Ghostly Kisses - Heaven, Wait (2022)


After making me fall in love with her first album The City Holds My Heart and live gig in Poland and after a fantastic release Never Let Me Go, Margaux Sauvé and her band Ghostly Kisses is back with, what she calls her true debut album, Heaven, Wait. Her ghostly presence is felt perfectly all over it so I can't help but be awe-struck yet again.

But it has to be said that while her previous recordings were all about beautiful melodies and ghostly atmosphere, on Heaven, Wait, the artist flirts with (synth)pop music more openly. There's still a lot of her fantastically ethereal and dreamy vocals and a great deal of art-rich taste in creating compositions, but she doesn't shy away from faster pace and clear electronic beats in some places and also in general, the album feels catchier. As a result, we are presented with a high quality art pop that is both melodic, catchy and moody at the same time. Especially in the parts that rely heavily on the piano key sounds.

And it's only right that her music is all about love with its beautiful ("Cause everyday/ You’re on my mind/ In every way/ You’re in my heart from Heaven, Wait) and difficult sides (as in "Don't know why/ I could never make it alright/ Don't know why from Don't Know Why). Still, my very favourite song here is the one that reminds me the most of the previous releases as Clay can easily be among my favourites together with Never Let Me Go, The City Holds My Heart or Touch. This means I can't wait for Ghostly Kisses' Europe and Poland tour next spring even more now!

Heaven, Wait costs 8.5 EUR (7 GBP). 


Check: Clay
Country: Canada
Genre: art dream pop
Label: Akira Records



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz