piątek, 11 marca 2022

zachwyt - zachwyt (2022)


I love debuts like this. An artist from the city of Oświęcim, Poland, creates some particularly noisy take on lo-fi dream pop and released it under the moniker of zachwyt. Think blackgaze and dream pop at once. He released his first more serious self-titled EP this year and I have my fingers crossed for more music from his part soon.

Zachwyt (translating to "awe") is frank to state that his music is "focused on balance between dreamy and loud noises". This is similar path Have a Nice Life (or Sun Addicted Family if you want an obscure comparison based on this blog's content) took, one filled with heavy and overwhelming use of synth sounds and guitars (not as metal-like though) that are as loud as they are smooth. This goes well with the vocals that are distorted to the ridiculous point where they sound like whispers somehow audible on the shoegaze-like backgrounds. This music is mostly focused on creating a crushing and beautiful atmosphere but there is one song that is very much tilted towards dream pop music. Czekam aż spadnie deszcz ("I'm Waiting for the Rain to Come") has clearer vocals and pace with dream pop-like vocals that express lyrics that are as ethereal and melancholic as you can get with the chorus translating to "I'm lost in labyrinths/ I'm lost in my thoughts/ I'm waiting for the rain to come". It took only this short EP for me to become the artist's hardcore fan.

zachwyt costs 2 EUR (10 PLN).

Check: Czekam aż spadnie deszcz 
Country: Poland
Genre: synth shoegaze



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz