czwartek, 22 czerwca 2023

Goofy Ginz - 'Twas Fun (2023)


An alt rock post-hardcore band is a rare thing on my blog, but the Polish band of Goofy Ginz draws from so many interesting music genres that I couldn't just miss on their debut album. 'Twas Fun surprised me with the amount of noisy and atmospheric moments that make the music here richer and deeper.

The vocals are very post-hardcore-like: sometimes cleanish, sometimes desperate-sounding in true screamo-like fashion. But unlike I'd presumed, the compositions are very interesting: they are long and attacking the audience with loud guitar passages that makes me think of many genre inspirations from psychedelic mesmerizing rock to atmospheric post-rock (Rav Muff) with great quality of guitar sound. But that's not all, there's also some more exotic, from my perspective, elements like some ska and hip-hop bits. A lot is going on from the beginning to the end of the album and it's one of those that make boredom out of the question.

'Twas Fun costs 3.5 EUR (15 PLN).

Check: Doomed
Country: Poland
Genre: post-hardcore noise rock



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz