czwartek, 2 lipca 2020

Castletroy - Искусство Спит (2020) EN


The Russian Castletroy is a band I've had under my radar for a while now. Up til now there was always a thing missing for them to appear on my blog but with their newest EP Искусство Спит my doubts left me and I knew it's the time.

The Petersburg-based duo play their own mixture of psychedelia, shoegaze and dream pop. Lively backgrounds, diversity and strong bass line of the first, atmosphere of the second and melodies with backing vocals from the last. The vocals sometimes clear, sometimes more dreamy make a good fit to this music. Personally I find the fact that the songs are sung in Russian as a huge advantage, it's always some sort of novelty. The EP's highlight has to be Бумага, the catchiest track and at the same time one that charms with atmosphere. The Russians' career is worth following.

Искусство Спит costs whatever you want.

Check: Бумага
Country: Russia
Genre: psychedelic shoegaze



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz