środa, 11 stycznia 2017

VAR - Kafbátur EP (2016) EN


I can't believe it myself but VAR is the first band from Iceland, the very centre of the musically driven universe, that is going to appear on the blog. And although there's not much in their discography, they make a really good start.

I can hardly beat around the bush much longer and avoid writing that the band gets a lot from their famous compatriots whose name starts with "S" ends with "S" too and has "igur Ró" in the middle. It goes especially for their new EP - while listening to "Kafbátur" you can hardly believe that it's NOT a forgotten demo by Jónsi and co. Equally spiritual vocals and noise that turns into beauty while we watch. I wonder what do VAR think about it, I believe it's not easy for them, in every other country their music would be a real thing full of magical uniqueness. But in Iceland.

The band is made of five artists, the best known being Myrra Rós (yeah, I wonder if she's going to name her son Sigurd). Let's hope that "Kafbátur" (meaning "a submarine") is just a vanguard of an upcoming full-length album. It's time.

The album costs 3 EUR.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz